ONE Championship Boss promises plenty of knockouts at ONE Fight Night 2. Photo: IST
CEO A championship Chatri Sityodtong has unveiled the full roster for ONE Fight Night 2, which will culminate in three world title fights across three sports. He mentioned that there are five good reasons to watch this event, one of which is because ONE Fight Night 2 has the potential to feature a row of knockouts (KO’s) from the first fight to the end.
Read also : 4 Storylines After ONE Fight Night 1: One of Demetrious Johnson’s Duel Trilogy
Based on data from previous matches, the odds of a fight in ONE Championship ending in a knockout are over 70% – the highest of any other martial arts organization.
As we know, ONE Fight Night 2 features MMA world title fights, kickboxing and also submission grappling. The culmination will see ONE Women’s World Strawweight Champion Xiong Jing Nan defend her title against the ambitions of Angela Lee, the ONE Women’s World Atomweight Champion rising to claim the gold belt in two different weight classes.
This will be the third meeting between the two queens of MMA. In the previous two matches, Angela Lee and Xiong Jing Nan were able to retain their respective belts with dramatic fifth-round wins. So it’s no surprise that the trilogy match ends in a final attack either by knockout or containment.
In the fight for the world kickboxing title, Superbon Singha Mawynn will face Chingiz Allazov, the Belarusian fighter who won the ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Grand Prix tournament.
The other title fight will be in the submission grappling discipline between Mikey Musumeci and Cleber Sousa in the flyweight division.
Additionally, three other matches including the MMA duel between Stamp Fairtex and Jihin Radzuan were also previously announced.
Now, ONE Fight Night 2 is even more complete with the announcement of four scratch duels for a total of 10 matches.
Tough South Korean fighter Kim Jae Woong will face Shamil Gasanov in an MMA match. Meanwhile, one of the greatest female kickboxers in history, Anissa Meksen will be competing in Muay Thai against Daokongfah Banchamek.
Additionally, the kickboxing match between Marat Grigorian vs. Tayfun Ozcan and Rade Opacic vs. Giannis Stoforidis also completed the event.
ONE Fight Night 2 will take place on Saturday morning (1/10/2022) Asian time so that it will air during prime time in the United States and Canada. Previously, the ONE Fight Night 1 event at the end of August also successfully reached the American public and became trending on various social networks.
ONE Fight Night 2 Main Map:
– (C) Xiong Jing Nan vs. Angela Lee II (ONE Strawweight Women’s World Championship)
– (C) Superbon Singha Mawynn vs. Chingiz Allazov (ONE Featherweight Kickboxing World Championship)
– Mikey Musumeci vs. Cleber Sousa (ONE Flyweight Submission World Grappling Championship)
– Fairtex stamp against Jihin Radzuan (MMA – Atomic Weight)
– Martin Nguyen vs. Ilya Freymanov (MMA – Featherweight)
– Timofey Nastyukhin vs. Halil Amir (MMA – lightweight)
ONE Fight Night 2 Main Map:
– Kim Jae Woong vs. Shamil Gasanov (MMA – featherweight)
– Marat Grigorian vs. Tayfun Ozcan (Kickboxing – Featherweight)
– Anissa Meksen vs. Daokongfah Banchamek (Muay Thai – strawweight)
– Rade Opacic vs. Giannis Stoforidis (Kickboxing – Heavyweight)
“Bacon aficionado. Hardcore twitter enthusiast. Hipster-friendly pop culture expert. Student. Certified beer buff.”